Aleris manufactures many different plates in various standard and customer-specified alloys using some of the world’s most advanced hot and cold rolling mills. With a 160-inch (4.064 m) hot rolling mill and a 148-inch (3.760 m) cold rolling mill, we can produce very wide and ultra-thick plates, either heat treated or non-heat treated. High-quality aluminum plates from Aleris meet the most demanding standards, plus many individual customer specifications.
Additionally, we are expanding our production capabilities to better serve global customers:
- A new cold rolling mill is under construction at our Duffel, Belgium facility that will significantly increase our capacity to produce wide automotive-body sheet. Production is expected to begin by the end of 2012 and will offer the widest sheet currently available in the industry.
- A state-of-the-art rolling mill is being constructed in Zhenjiang City, Jiangsu Province, China, to provide plate and sheet for the aerospace market, with completion expected before 2013.
- We are building a specialized casting facility for aluminum-lithium plate and sheet products at our Koblenz, Germany plant that will be able to cast full-scale ingots for trials as well as for serial production of aluminum-lithium products.
Key industries served:
- Mold and tooling
- Industrial engineering
- Heat-treated plates
- Non-heat-treated plates
- Aircraft plates
- The classic alloy: GiantalTM
- The universal alloy: WelduralTM
- The high-strength alloy: HokotolTM
- The unique alloy from Aleris: AlustarTM